Friday, April 29, 2022

Pray for Families (Branching Out)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 


When we were young and dependent, we longed for the day we no longer had to live in our parents home under their rules. Once independent, it didn’t take long for us to realize the cost and the price.  Unbridled freedom has consequences, either positive or negative.  Self discipline and some tethering are a good thing.  There is safety in the security of family, of being valued and being loved.  Sometimes family is a blessing that in time we grow to appreciate more and more.  It just takes perspective.


The same is true spiritually.  Freedom is not found by turning away from God and leaving  behind the foundational principles that we learned: the commandments, morality, The Golden Rule, church/Mass attendance, generosity, kindness, etc.  It is realizing that if we are not tethered to Christ, we will never understand our true purpose, our inherent dignity and beauty, or how much we are loved by the Father.  We remove ourselves from all the gifts the Lord wants to bestow on us.  We also become easy prey for the Evil One, as he lures us to fleeting delights.. 


I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower.  He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and every one that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.  John 15:1-5


Don’t be afraid when you feel like you are being “pruned” in life.  It is a sign that the Lord is encouraging you to bear more fruit and bloom.  In doing so you are a witness to those for whom you pray, (those who are no longer on the Vine), alluring them to the beauty of a life branching forth from the Vine.  Pray for your family and each other, that all may find true nourishment, refreshment and purpose, through Jesus Christ. 


“I am the way and the truth and the life.  John 14:6


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Pray that all may find their way to the truth and live life!  Pass it on!