Friday, September 9, 2022

Pray for Families (Running the Race)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,


Many of you worry about the faith of your loved ones.  I know I do.  In this world where evil continues to grab power, we Christians have to become bolder about our faith, sharing the Truth.  So many people are in need of hearing the Good News. Of course it’s easy to worry that you're not equipped, that you don’t have a silver tongue, and that you don’t like to proselytize. Have faith that the Lord will honor your desire and provide you with the actions, words, and deeds.  While you are worrying, Satan’s minions are grabbing souls!  Be inspired by the words of St. Paul. 


To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some. All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it. Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.

1 Corinthian 9:22-27


Bold words!  Are we striving for the imperishable crown for us and our families? Do we support other families, since often people will only listen to non-family?.  Are we praying and fasting for the grace that  all of our family members need? Are we witnessing to the Truth and countering the lies? 


Is this not, rather, the fast that I choose: releasing those bound unjustly, untying the thongs of the yoke; Setting free the oppressed, breaking off every yoke? Is it not sharing your bread with the hungry, bringing the afflicted and the homeless into your house; Clothing the naked when  you see them, and not turning your back on your own flesh?  Isaiah 58:6-7


First, commit or recommit to running the race and living in the Divine Will.  Then begin training.  Even a long-distance runner  starts with just stretching and running short distances.  The Lord will help you if you surrender your will to Him.  You’ve got this! 


Commit. Pray.  Fast.  Believe!


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Every victory begins with a first step or a recommitment to trying again. Pass it on!