Friday, April 21, 2023

Pray for Families (Ceding the Storm)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,


There are many storms in life. Those that impact us personally, those occurring within our families, and those occurring in our culture and in the world. We can easily become swept away emotionally, mentally, and physically. We can worry and stress ourselves out trying to figure it all out and wondering what are the next steps. 


In scripture however, we are encouraged, “Do not be afraid” and “Do not worry”. Perhaps it is repeated so frequently because we have to hear it over and over again for it to resonate.


So when you find yourself sinking into worry and fear or paralyzed as the storms of life keep ebbing and flowing, or even linger like a storm front, take inspiration from the Psalms and pray. 


I love you, LORD, my strength, LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my God, my rock of refuge, my shield, my saving horn, my stronghold! 

Psalm 18:2-3


My heart is set on fulfilling your statutes; they are my reward forever. I hate every hypocrite; your law I love. You are my refuge and shield; in your word I hope. Psalms 119:112-114


For God will hide me in his shelter in time of trouble, He will conceal me in the cover of his tent; and set me high upon a rock. Psalms 27:5


My soul, be at rest in God alone, from whom comes my hope. God alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not fall. Psalms 62:6-7


I shall sing of your strength, extol your mercy at dawn, for you are my fortress, my refuge in time of trouble. My strength, your praise I will sing; you, God, are my fortress, my loving God. Psalms 59:17-18


Amen!!


Pray for the peace and tranquility of your family members as well, that each may be compelled to seek refuge and loving protection in the Lord. May the only storm they experience be the rain of grace!


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Encourage another to pray the Psalms. Pass it on!