Friday, May 5, 2023

Pray for Families (Earthly Trees of Life)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,


The depth of family connection and unspoken familiarity runs deep within our DNA.  We instinctively have a connectedness with little known relatives that is hard to describe.


I had the privilege of meeting the adult children of a cousin of mine whom I saw infrequently over my lifetime due to large age and geographical distances.  What surprised us all during this meeting was that we instantly felt connected and in-sync, sensing God-given ties and similarities as well as actually seeing matching traits.  I felt awe and wonder at how magnificently the Lord builds family trees, keeping them united at the trunk, yet each branch has it’s unique twist and turns with a few knots!  Yet the leaves are all similar no matter the branch!  


How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the sands; when I complete them, still you are with me. Psalm 139:17-18


Lord, we pray for our families in this world where its members disperse so quickly and have less and less time and opportunity to stay connected. Help us to at least stay connected in prayer, praying for one another united through you. May we uplift each other in life. Bless those in our tree, even if it’s a nut tree!  Nourish us with your grace, that we may bear abundant fruit so that one day we may all be united at the heavenly banquet!


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Pray for a distant relation and pass it on!