Monday, January 29, 2024

Pray for Marriages (Love is the Answer!)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 


This past Sunday, I was listening to a young adult share the beauty of a retreat they experienced when in high school. She was re-experiencing the amazing spiritual high as she spoke, and the message she received: “It was so simple. Love really is the answer to everything.”  


I smiled, because it is. However, executing on the “action of love” throughout life within the fun and dysfunction of different relationships, especially marriage, can be quite difficult. Imitating Christ, who is Love, has never been easy and is undoubtedly a lifelong challenge. But I am not one to squash a high!


As we mature in our Christian ways and come to understand the cross, we become more willing to pick up our cross and follow Him. 


Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will preserve it for eternal life.  Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will honor whoever serves me.  John 12:25-26


As we look to Christ for inspiration, let us pray for the grace to love, and to persevere in love.  For it is only by Divine Grace that we may endure the crosses that we are given. They are not for naught, for what cross does not perfect us?!  When we love those who are less than lovable, can you imagine the graces that must be showered upon us?


Continue to pray for each other’s marriages, but especially your own. 


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Love is the answer! Pass it on!