Saturday, August 3, 2024

Pray for Families (Play Ball!)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 


Every morning that we awake, it’s like the Umpire in the sky yells, “Play ball!”  We may be ready for the game, but we never know what’s coming at us.  That is the challenge and that is where faith comes in.  We may be physically and materially prepared, but without faith to know we can navigate the unknown ahead, and that whether we walk, hit, or strikeout, we are never alone.


Doubt is easy, unwavering faith is not. When we find ourselves in the depths of despair from the unjust calls of others, when raging waters seek to drown us and destroy all of our best efforts to get around the bases and back to the safety of home, faith in the love, mercy, and justice of God is all that can save us. Let us cry out to God on behalf of  those in our families that desperately need his assistance (even if it is yourself).


Save me, God, for the waters have reached my neck. I have sunk into the mire of the deep, where there is no foothold. I have gone down to the watery depths; the flood overwhelms me. I am weary with crying out; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, from looking for my God. More numerous than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause. Those who would destroy me are mighty, my enemies without reason. Must I now restore what I did not steal? Psalm 69:2-5


Let us pray for a greater gift of faith, and an outpouring of graces for ourselves, our families, and one another, especially those in most need.  Let us praise the name of Jesus, who is our help and our salvation!


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


The Lord hears our cries.  Pray without ceasing and pass it on!