Greetings Prayer Warriors,
Recently a charity fundraising phenomenon has been sweeping not just the nation, but the world. It involves throwing ice water over your head to promote awareness and encourage research donations toward the cause. Then you are to challenge others to do the same.
I have a much easier challenge that won’t cost you money, but instead will store up riches in heaven. It will not chill your bones, but warm your heart.
For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be. Luke 12:34
I challenge each of you to challenge others to commit to praying for families. Challenge them to challenge others. Prayers are greatly needed and they take less time than filling up a bucket with ice and water and dumping it .J However, if your friends and family want to dump ice on themselves while praying, that’s their call. ;)
You may challenge in person, by phone, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc., or just pass this email/post along! Wouldn’t it be great if we could get the world to crank up the volume by spiritually uniting in prayer for all families?
Here are a few intentions to get you started:
- For all those families in the Middle East and elsewhere who have been displaced and persecuted for being Christian. Lord hear our prayer!
- For families torn apart by divorce. Lord, hear our prayer!
- For families who have difficulty communicating with each other. Lord, hear our prayer!
- For family members who suffer abuse. Lord, hear our prayer!
- For families torn apart by a member’s addiction. Lord, hear our prayer!
- For orphans and foster children seeking a loving home. Lord, hear our prayer!
The need is endless, so say a prayer and pass it on. Repeat at least weekly.
Peace, Joy, and Love,
Challenge each other to pray. Pass it on!!