Friday, August 16, 2013

Pray for Families (The faith to endure)


Dearest Prayer Warriors,

When times are particularly challenging, and difficulties in the family seem to be chronic, and your knees are worn out from all your prayers, do you ever question whether or not God is listening, even for a moment?

LORD, hear my prayer; let my cry come to you.  Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress.  Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly. Psalm 102:2-3

Don’t ever despair, as the Lord does hear and always has a masterful plan, usually well beyond our comprehension!  Perhaps the Lord takes his time in responding so that one’s own faith might be increased?

I wrote a short prayer of petition just for such times. 

Lord, when I am fraught with worry, replace it with your peace.
When I feel hopeless in correcting a situation, remind me of your promises.
When I have exhausted my tears, add them to the ocean of your mercy.
When I become speechless in prayer, hear the cries of my heart.
When I falter in my faith and my hope diminishes, renew me with your grace.
Jesus I trust in You!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share a prayer of hope.  Pass it on.