Friday, March 15, 2019

Pray for Families (Depression)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Over the years, I can recall many times when I became angry with family members for not doing or behaving in the manner in which I thought they should. There were many words in my head that I used to describe them, none of them complimentary.  In hindsight, what I usually failed to see was that their behavior (or lack thereof) was the result of a depression.

Signs of a major depression may include changes in mood, sleep patterns, appetite, energy levels, concentration, and weight.  Irritability and social isolation may increase.

A glad heart lights up the face, but an anguished heart breaks the spirit. My dignity is driven off like the wind, and my well-being vanishes like a cloud.  
Proverbs 15:13; Job 30:15

Let us pray for those suffering from depression, that they will allow others to help them seek medical attention. Let us pray that the cloud of depression that rests on them, is blown away by the grace of God and those professionals he works through.

Lord, when one is downtrodden, they often don’t recognize the cause. Send friends, family, or us to guide them and lift their spirits. Hear their moans, see their immobility, and have compassion for them. Help us to be patient and merciful to those who are struggling with emotional and mental crosses that are exhausting for them to bear.  Divine Physician, send your Spirit upon them to renew their energy, joy, and gladness!  Jesus, we trust in You!  

Gladden the soul of your servant; to you, Lord, I lift up my soul. LORD, hear my prayer; listen to my cry for help. Psalm 86:4,6

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

There is help. Recognize the signs! Pray and pass it on!