Monday, February 10, 2020

Pray for Marriages (Knowing the Lover)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 

Everyone has an inherent desire to be loved; to be adored and appreciated for who they are. Many search for the perfect girlfriend or boyfriend, then the perfect spouse. When that doesn’t work out, they try again.  And perhaps again.  Yet even when married, it is rare that a spouse continually feels loved, adored, and appreciated.  They only wish they would hear each morning, 

“Arise, my friend, my beautiful one, and come!  Song of Songs 2:10

If one expects their spouse to fill every desire for love and affirmation, they will be frequently disappointed. Yet, one often ignores the One who always beckons, always affirms, and always loves. Our Lord desires to be the Love of your life, the Keeper of your heart, the Comforter of your sorrows. He loves you unconditionally. Nothing you do will make Him love you any more or any less. 

As you stumble on the rocky road of life, and realize that you don’t even live up to the high bar you have set for your spouse, the Lord softly whispers:

My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the secret recesses of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice, for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.”  Song of Songs 2:14

As we celebrate love this week, let us not forget to love He who is love. Let us pray that all marriages be fortified by His love, be humbled by his gentleness, and that we be quick to answer His call to love more, especially our spouse.  

As we draw closer to Him, let us pray a reparation prayer for others as taught by the angel of Fatima, as others have prayed this prayer for us:

“MY GOD, I believe, I adore, I trust, and I love Thee! I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust and do not love Thee.”

Now fortified, go and love your spouse MORE!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Believe, adore, trust, and love more! Pass it on!