Friday, May 28, 2021

Pray for Families (Truth or Lie?)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

Is it just me or is our world beginning to feel inverted?  Good is bad, bad is good, wrong is right and right is wrong.  Anger, animosity, and division is praised as goodness, and authentic love, love for another’s soul, is branded as hate. Violence is labeled as peaceful, but peaceful protests are labeled as violent. Truth is branded as conspiracy theory, but conspiratorial lies are branded as truth.  Absolutes are now relative.  1+1=3?!  The list is endless.  Who are these deceivers of the truth?!

 

You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me.  John 8:44-45

 

How does one discern the truth? 

 

How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. John 14:6-7

 

If you do not know Jesus, you will only know the “father of lies”. To know your true Father, it’s crucial to know Jesus! How do we do that?  By reading scripture.  The Lord speaks personally to us through His Word. Communicate with Him in prayer, talking to Him as you would a friend. Hear Him in the silence.  


Do you and your family members allow time for silence?  Or, are you attached constantly to a phone, a tablet, computer, television or other forms of media?  What messages are you receiving through those portals? Are they bringing you truth or lies? Peace or anxiety?

 

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

 

Pray! Let Him be your peace, allow Him to be your joy, and open your heart to His love. Then may you be as a lampstand in your family, shining His light to all.

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

  

Truth: We all need prayer. Pass it on!