Monday, May 17, 2021

Pray for Marriages (Perfected Love)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

 

God’s plan for marriage is sweet as honey, but there’s no honey without bees, and we can’t avoid the occasional sting near the hive!  Can’t you imagine the Lord formulating his plan, saying, “Let’s bring together a man and women who are different, yet similar. They are different enough due to their genders, but I think I’ll kick it up a notch so they will learn to grown in patience, wisdom, and fortitude. Let me bless them with children who mirror their childhood characteristics. Soon they will grow in empathy toward their own parents.  I will give them some struggles to bring about humility, so they will learn to depend on me and not themselves.” And so, it goes… 

 

Luckily, the Lord encourages us throughout our journey, and teaches us to love

 

If we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us. God is love and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him. John 4:12, 16

 

Yet, our fallen humanity resists loving when we don’t feel like it.  The Lord never gives up on us, always guiding us in the way of perfection.

 

There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. John 4:18-19

 

We are weak, so he offers to strengthen us daily through the sacraments, especially the Eucharist.

 

And I consecrate myself for them, so that they may also be consecrated in truth. John 17:19

 

I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me. John 17:22-23

 

What a blessing it is that Jesus prays to the Father on our behalf, and gives us the roadmap to perfection, Himself.


With gratitude, let us continue to rejoice in the blessing of each other’s prayers.  Keep praying for marriages!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love, 

Janet

 

Help love grow. Pass it on!