Monday, May 10, 2021

Pray for Marriages (Secured on the Rock)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 

 

Joy abounds with each new beginning.  As communities both begin and continue to open up, couples are once again planning their weddings or looking forward to their “rescheduled” weddings.  The year of waiting must have tried these couples in many ways, but my prayer is that by weathering the storm, their relationship was strengthened, or conversely, dissolved for its lack of foundation. 

 

LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my God, my rock of refuge, my shield, my saving horn, my stronghold! Psalm 18:3

 

Lord, bless those who are seeking this heavenly union. Fortify them for their journey. Bring into their lives, both heavenly and earthly witnesses of love, patience, kindness, and fidelity. Grant them the grace to humbly and continually invite you into their relationship, so that they may grow together as one. Support them when they stumble, pick them up when they fall, and lead them onto the path of holiness. May they praise and glorify your name forever!  Amen.

 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith.  Hebrews 12:1-2

 

Pray for all the engaged couples you know…and those you don’t!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

 

Wavering marriages are strengthened by prayer! Pass it on!