Friday, June 25, 2021

Pray for Families (Bearing Fruit)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 

 

What a delight to have grown children come for a visit! I always marvel in their growth, their individual uniqueness, and their perspective on us parents!   I always brace myself when they arrive though, because they have no problem helping me see all my flaws, idiosyncrasies, and what makes me, me.  In other words, they keep me very humble, (as I fight the urge to be defensive!) 

 

Subsequent introspection helps us see how we unintentionally offend, wound, or perhaps annoy others.  Why can’t they be a little more patient with us?  Then we reflect on how the Lord unconditionally loves us just the way we are, and are moved to be more compassionate toward others, especially those who get on our nerves too (for example, adult children).

 

If only we could consistently be more Christ-like in our words and deeds, especially around family! 

 

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Galatians 5:22-23

 

Come Holy Spirit.  Fill the hearts of the faithful and all those who call out to you!  Help us to bear abundant fruit, so that we may share that fruit with others. Help us to introduce your kingdom here on earth by being a daily reflection of you in all that we say and do. In doing so, may we spread the Gospel to our families and through them, out into this hurting world, Amen.

 

I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me. Philippians 4:13

 

Jesus, we trust in you!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

 

Share the fruit!  Pass it on!