Monday, June 21, 2021

Pray for Marriages (Thy Will Be Done)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

I remember when I was in my first decade of marriage, I was surprised by the adjustments, range of emotions, biting of tongues, constant compromising (or lack thereof), and what seemed to be a constant letting go of my will. I would then marvel at what good marriages so many of my friends had. However, they have all since divorced and my husband and I just passed 37 years of marriage!

 

If I had the secret and wrote a book, I would be rich! But alas, my riches are spiritual which is much more satisfying. I think it is not what I did, but my constant prayer that eventually brought me low enough to utter, 

 

“Thy will be done.” Matthew 6:10

 

The 3 hardest words ever!

 

Let’s pray prayers of encouragement for all those couples who are struggling. Their pain is real, the journey is hard, but the good news is that the Lord will never desert them.

 

Say to the fearful of heart: Be strong, do not fear! Here is your God, he comes with vindication;

With divine recompense he comes to save you.

 

Heavenly Father, you are attentive, tender, and kind to couples who are struggling to stay in their marriages.  Help them to trust you more.  Fortify their hope and pour your love into their hearts that they may be softened, expanded, and conformed to yours. Give them the grace to persevere in their journey.  Receive our collective prayers, and turn their sadness into abundant joy. Amen.

 

Peace, Joy, and Love, 

Janet

 

Pray some extra prayers today for marriages. A couple will really appreciate it. Pass it on!