Friday, November 12, 2021

Pray for Families (Knowing the Good Shepherd)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

Who hasn’t felt like an aimless sheep at some point? I have! But I have always known that the Lord will guide me through the storms and detours of life back to a place of safety and calm.

 

The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. In green pastures he makes me lie down; to still waters he leads me; he restores my soul. He guides me along right paths for the sake of his name.  Psalm 23:1-3

 

Best of all, he knows me and I know Him.

 

I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep.  John 10: 14-15

 

Yet, many still do not know Him. Others have never been told about Him. Yet he loves them just as much and seeks them out, calling them tirelessly.

 

 I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd. 

John 10:16

 

Chose a family or a family member to pray for, who doesn’t know the Lord let alone understand how much God loves them. Pray that they may have ears to hear the call of the Good Shepherd.  Pray that they may be open to receiving the love of the Father and the mercy of the Son, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Finally, pray that one day we may be one flock under the one True Shepherd. Then together we can sing Hallelujah!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love, 

Janet

 

Prayer becomes more powerful when you pass it on!