Friday, March 10, 2023

Pray for Families (Reflecting Christ)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,


Recently, I was watching a family television series where the middle child was melting down in frustration, feeling ignored by both her parents and loved ones. Frankly, she felt invisible. As a middle child myself, I completely understood her as I flashed back through my life!  There is trauma in not feeling listened to, heard, cared about, valued, appreciated, and so forth, even if it is a finite period.


Look upon me, have pity on me, for I am alone and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart; bring me out of my distress. Psalm 25:16-17


Many people at some point in their lives feel unvalued, alone, unheard. Maybe it’s a child, a sibling, a parent, an aunt, an uncle, or a widowed relative. Pause to consider who that might be in your immediate or extended family.


Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly. Psalm 102:3


Lent is a good time not just to give up something, but to actively imitate Christ.Be his hands and feet. Be his voice. Bring his peace. Consider reaching out to family members that could use a good ear, companionship, a funny story, a comforting hug, or special help. 


Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves. James 1:22


Start spreading a little love and comfort. You may even find itt has a boomerang effect. 


Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.  Matthew 5:7


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Reach out and let someone know they are valued. Pass it on!