Friday, March 3, 2023

Pray for Families (Surrender and Humility)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,


One of the hardest things about being a parent of an adult child is releasing control. We have an inherent need to direct those we love away from harm, bad decisions, etc. The same could be true in our love for any relative be it a wild sibling or a drug addicted parent. Letting go of the need or desire to control is always the hardest, even if we know in our heart that the only one in complete control is God. Our energies are best devoted to praying for his protection of our family members. That doesn’t mean the Lord won’t allow them to fall as sometimes that is part of his plan, for often one can’t appreciate the mountain top unless they’ve seen the valley.


It is an act of surrender and humility to let go and let God.  


If you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God. 1 Peter 2:20


Let us each pray:


Lord, I release each family member who weighs on my heart, into your hands, trusting in your loving care. Deliver me from the desire to take back the reins from you. May you reign in their lives, not me. Release me of the need to be needed, admired, affirmed, and praised by these family members. Hear my prayers for their spiritual and temporal needs, and open my ears to hear your voice, allowing me to intercede only when it is your desire. Deliver me from any fear of being despised, should I withdraw an unhealthy support, be it physical, emotional, or financial. May my trust in you blossom, for it is only in the fear of letting go that I realize how minimal my trust really is. With all my heart and soul, Jesus, I surrender my family to your Holy Will. Amen.


Our help is in the name of the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth. 

Psalm 124:8


Peace, Joy, and Love, 

Janet


Grow in humility and discover freedom. Surrender it all to God. Pass it on!