Friday, April 19, 2024

Pray for Families (Mindful of the Lord)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,


Families are busier than ever. Their schedules are packed whether they have 2 children or 12 children.  Whether carpooling or homeschooling, attending sports practice or games, band practice or concerts, working, cooking, cleaning, homework, shopping, or exercising, your obligations will take you over if you don’t take charge of them. Even empty nesters can be busier than ever. But never forget to take the Lord with you, regardless of what you are doing. You always have time to pray; to have conversations with God. 


When you drive, if you have time to yell at other drivers, you have time to converse with God. (Preferable to yelling). On the phone when driving? Call God instead. Do you have the television or radio on when working or doing chores? Use it as prayer time instead. Do you have conference calls and other distractions that keep you from prayer?  Play soft religious music or Gregorian Chant in the background to soothe your soul. Do you practice mindfulness? Be mindful of the Lord instead. 


“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, [then] I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20


Keep Jesus company. Remember that he is not only part of your family, he created it. He knows your worries and your frustrations, so talk to him about them. Ask for his help, his blessings, his assurances, his peace, and his love in your family. Thank him for your blessings. Every minute of the day he waits to hear your voice calling out to him.


When you call me, and come and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me—oracle of the LORD  Jeremiah 29:12-14


Prayer really is the answer.


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Encourage another to open the door of their heart. Pass it on!