Monday, April 1, 2024

Pray for Marriages (A Major Remodel)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,


My heart aches when I hear of marriages fighting for survival. Those are times of intense loneliness, anger, despair, doubt, bewilderment, wavering faith, and feelings of abandonment. One’s entire being cries out:


My heart is withered, dried up like grass, too wasted to eat my food. 

Psalm 102:5


My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish? My God, I call by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I have no relief. Psalm 22:2-3


My eyes! My eyes! They stream with tears! How far from me is anyone to comfort, anyone to restore my life. Lamentations 1:16


LORD, may you not withhold your compassion from me;  May your mercy and your faithfulness continually protect me. Psalm 40:12


How difficult are the crosses in life! While they seek to perfect us in the virtues and give birth to the fruit of the Spirit, that doesn’t mean we are ready for them! My prayers are with anyone who is struggling.  


If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23


Yet, while the Lord will not give you a life without crosses, he does promise to never let you walk alone. 


It is the LORD who goes before you; he will be with you and will never fail you or forsake you. So do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8  


Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely.  Proverbs 3:5


Lord, we call upon your love, compassion, and mercy, and ask for a deluge of graces upon marriages. While the Evil One delights in destruction, you are our firm foundation.  Repair the cracks that threaten to crumble and destroy each marriage, heal their festering wounds, and fortify their union. Hear their cries for assistance and increase their faith in you. Adorn them with your virtues, thus remodeling the structure, fortifying them in love, and enabling them to withstand all future assaults. Jesus, we trust in you!


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Prayer is kryptonite against Satan’s weapons of marriage destruction. Pass it on!