Friday, November 16, 2018

Pray for Families (Alone in the Crowd)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Most can remember a time when they felt totally alone. The weight of what they carried (emotionally, physically, or spiritually) felt so overwhelming, that whether they were standing in the midst of a room full of people or alone in the silence, they were left with a sense of abandonment, and the fear of moving through their situation alone. Perhaps they turned to God or feared a rejection from Him too. Yet it is precisely at these times He is with us. He wants us to admit to Him that we have relied way too much on ourselves, and not enough on Him.  We tend to forget Christ loved us so much that He died for us.

I turned every way, but there was no one to help; I looked for support but there was none. Then I remembered the mercies of the LORD, his acts of kindness through ages past; For he saves those who take refuge in him, and rescues them from every evil. I cried for help. I called out: LORD, you are my Father, my champion, my savior! Do not abandon me in time of trouble, in the midst of storms and dangers. Sirach 51:7-8, 10

As we pray for families, let us focus our prayer on all who feel alone. Consider that they may also be the people we least expect, such as those who always wear a smile, those who are outgoing, and those who seem to have a charmed life. Yet inside, they may be suffering deeply.

Lord, in your immense love for us, hear our prayers for your children.  May they sense your presence, especially when they receive an unexpected kindness. May our prayers open their hearts to your grace, that they may know the most difficult journeys are made sweeter when you are their companion.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Say a prayer for someone and pass it on!