Friday, November 30, 2018

Pray for Family. (Imitating Christ)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

It’s interesting how the Lord tests our patience. I find this a hard virtue to master. Pray for me! I am on an airplane, gratefully bumped to first class.  However the flight attendant seems bothered when I ask for a beverage, asks if I am finished when I’ve barely touched my food, and has made me hesitant to even ask for a glass of water. She also is ignoring our row. Even my seat mate is chucking at the fiasco. Nothing like perspective though to shift the paradigm. This poor flight attendant has been up since 3:45 am, and is probably having great difficulty focusing much less functioning. I can only reflect on how I would desire patience if I was having a similar day.

Isn’t that one of the things Jesus calls us to when he says “Come follow me.”? We are invited to imitate Christ. He is patient and kind regardless of our shortcomings, missteps, demands, and inattentiveness to Him! 

“Come after me and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

As we approach Advent, let us pray for the grace to grown in virtue. Let us then share our virtues with our family, as we pray on their behalf as well. May we become fishers of men too!

Peace, Joy, and Love
Janet

Imitate Christ in kindness. Pass it on!