Friday, May 31, 2019

Pray for Families (A Visitation)

Feast of the  Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

As I look back on my life thus far, I marvel at how no matter where I was on my faith journey, be it a figurative kindergartener, middle-schooler, or high schooler, the Lord always has met me exactly where I was at. He spoon-fed me when necessary and at other times, challenged me.  At each “visitation” he indeed bestowed on me something special; a new awareness, a greater humility, a new level of friendship.

How often though, is he encouraging us to a visitation; to bring Him to our own family and extended Christian family? 

Be still and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10

Unless we are still, we will never hear His soft voice, nor feel His gentle nudge, or experience the desire to go where or say what we were never planning. He wants to act through us.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

I experienced this, and it’s always in an unexpected way. Today, I volunteered in a local hospital where I bring the Eucharist to the sick and pray with those who desire it. I never know how I will be received in any room I enter, nor do I know anything about the patient or their condition. It is not unusual for the patient to refuse one or both. However, to my surprise, the room where I spent most of my time today was one that declined both. However, they had a desire to talk. They had a hunger to know more about their faith.  They had a desire to be part of a faith community.  The Lord called me to be still (they were the last patient on my list), and be present for this patient (allow Him to shine, and not consume my thoughts about everything I needed to do once I finished volunteering). The Good Shepherd sends us to tend to his flock.

Arise! Shine, for your light has come, the glory of the LORD has dawned upon you. Isaiah 60:1

Spend some quiet time with the Lord in prayer.  Ask him to help you be still, be present, so that he may shine through you to not only your family, but His entire family.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Be a reflection of the Lord and shine! Pass it on!