Friday, May 17, 2019

Pray for Families (Light in the Darkness)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

During some of the darkest moments of my life, I remember how I slowly pulled away from others, feeling that I was the only one I could trust. Little by little, I stopped nurturing friendship and minimized social activities while limiting my communication with others.

In the midst of difficulty, it is so easy to turn inward, deep inside yourself where you feel isolated and protected. The problem is, when you withdraw from others for an extended period of time, you begin to feel truly all alone. Luckily, during my trials I was having deep conversations with God. His Light eventually broke through.

 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.  John 1:5

But what about those who have no relationship or thought of God as Father, Protector, Redeemer, or Prince of Peace? Are these the ones who despair, fall into deep depression, and contemplate a radical change or permanent end to their lives? These individuals may be friends, coworkers, strangers, and even family members.

Have I no helper, and has my good sense deserted me? A friend owes kindness to one in despair, though he has forsaken the fear of the Almighty.  Job 6:13-14

It is for these dear souls we pray: Lord, break through each darkened mind with your Light, bringing about a new calm. Enter into the souls that cry out in despair and bring peace. In the loneliness of these hearts, dwell in friendship, showing them the joy of Love Himself. Open their eyes to those helpers whom you have placed in their midst. Open their ears to your voice which radiates through your earthly disciples. Crush the taunting lies of the Evil One, that they will lose their power over the dejected. Hear our petitions on behalf of our beloved brothers and sisters, and answer them. Jesus we trust in You!

O God, hear my prayer. Listen to the words of my mouth. Psalms 54:4

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

You are not alone, for our prayers will sustain you and bear fruit. Pass it on!